After having explained the overall project, I need to give some more detailed information about the work. First, I do not wish to be regarded as an idealist who aims at changing the world, too young or too naive. I am well-aware of the setbacks I am going to meet and takle.
This is why I do not intend to focus at once on the Center. What is of the essence now is to create a forum which links young students and researchers from the South, if possible from Calabria and Reggio Calabria, whose field of study is IR. I would like to see published op-eds or academic essays on IR issues. I would like to create some different sections within the forum, each focusing on different geographical areas (e.g. Transatlantic Relations, Middle East, EU) or different topics (e.g. arms control, human trafficking). I would like someone who works as a reviewer, someone else as an administrator, etc. In sum, before thinking about a real Reggio-based Center I need to know that other people will going to help me developing the project. Acting otherwise would be too idealist and naive.
Of course, those who intend to work on the project must be aware of the final goal, i.e. to found a Center of IR in Reggio Calabria. This means, for instance, that people should then be able to move to Reggio, at least for limited periods of time, because THAT would be the "center of the Center". Internet technology allows each of us to be closest than ever and this is an asset for the project as well. Students and researchers from every part of Italy, and abroad, are invited to join this forum and to cooperate on the project. But the goal is to create something positive for Reggio and its citizens. We should aim at creating a Center where local students and researchers can find research material without moving, for instance, to Rome. Or where they can ask questions to well-qualified academics. But this is the future. For the time being we need to create something powerful enough to be also regarded as feasible to those whose help is of the essence for the realization of the Center in Reggio.
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment